The estate planning lawyers in Palm Beach, Florida at Moran & Associates: Attorneys at Law can assist you with your estate planning needs. It is never too early to begin planning to protect your legacy. Estate planning can protect you and your family should the unexpected happen, and it can ensure that your wishes are carried out even if you are temporarily or permanently disabled or incapacitated. You are never too young to begin estate planning. A proper estate planning can protect your spouse and children should the unexpected occur.
Our estate planning attorneys in Palm Beach, Florida can assist you with:
- Drafting a Will
- Setting up a Trust
- Help you Create an Estate Plan that is Right for You
- Assist You and Your Family with the Probate Process
- Help You with a Special Needs Trust
- End of Life Planning
- Answer Your Estate Planning Questions
In the best of times, having a sound estate plan in place is important whether you are young or older. In these uncertain times of the coronavirus pandemic, more families than ever are wondering whether their estate plan is robust enough to weather these storms of uncertainty. The Palm Beach, Florida estate planning lawyer at Moran & Associates: Attorneys at Law can help you navigate your estate planning questions, develop an estate plan that is right for you, pay attention to important details so nothing important is left out, and assist you with formalizing and finalizing your will, trust, and estate plans. Your estate plan can include end of life planning, so that your wishes are carried out should you become too ill to make health care decisions on your own. Estate planning and end of life planning can feel vulnerable. Talk of death and end of life planning can mean confronting fears and having difficult conversations with family and loved ones. Fortunately, you don’t have to have these conversations alone.
Moran & Associates is a Palm Beach, Florida estate planning law firm dedicated to providing our clients with the guidance they need when it comes to writing a will, creating a trust, creating advance directives such as a living will, health care surrogate, and power of attorney, or helping your family through the probate process. Estate planning is so much more than just deciding who gets your assets after you pass away. It is a process by which your assets and debts are evaluated, your beneficiaries are identified, and the determination of the best course of action ahead is made. It involves taking into account estate taxes, probate costs, and your family’s future needs, and putting a plan in place that works. A proper estate plan can protect your family from the costs of probate, creditors, predators, inability and disability.
These days, estate planning is so much more than just writing a will. It involves a close assessment of your financial needs. A variety of estate planning instruments are available, depending on your financial situation, including wills, revocable trusts, irrevocable trusts, and other estate planning tools. Estate planning also involves having a plan in place regarding your wishes for medical care should you become too sick to make financial and medical decisions on your own.
Estate plans also include medical care directives and a durable financial power of attorney, which would put your financial and medical planning in the hands of someone you trust, should you ever become too sick to make those decisions yourself. In these challenging times of global pandemic and the coronavirus, more people than ever are taking stock of whether they have a sound estate plan in place. With the coronavirus affecting both the young and old, it is never too soon or too late to put an estate plan in place. Moran & Associates is an estate planning law firm in Palm Beach, Florida that works closely with families to help them find the best possible estate planning solution for their needs.
What is an Estate Plan and How Can an Estate Planning Lawyer Help Me?
A Palm Beach, Florida estate plan can involve several estate planning instruments. When you work with a Palm Beach, Florida estate planning lawyer like the attorneys at Moran & Associates, you’ll get the professional guidance you need to ensure that your plan is thorough and complete. What are some things our estate planning attorneys can assist you with?
- Inventory of Assets. We can assist you in making a complete inventory of your assets. The more thorough your will is in identifying your assets, the lesser the risk that disputes will arise. Making a through inventory of your property includes accounting for major assets like homes, cars, boats, or other major items, like collectibles, antiques, and family heirlooms. You will also want to make sure to account for every bank account, investment account, retirement account, life insurance account, and other valuable items. Many people also consider their digital legacy. If you have social media accounts, a website, or valuable digital files or data, accounting for these valuables is also important.
- Identify beneficiaries. Identifying who will inherit what is also an important part of any estate plan.
- Deciding which Estate Planning Tool is Right for You. The Palm Beach, Florida estate planning lawyers at Moran & Associates: Attorneys at Law can evaluate your estate to determine whether a will or trust is the best estate planning instrument for your needs. Wills and trusts each have their benefits and drawbacks. While a will may be less expensive to draw up in the short term, it can be more costly in the long term when the will goes to probate. A trust can be more costly up front and can cost money to maintain, but for individuals with more assets, a trust could help your beneficiaries avoid probate, and potentially protect your estate from certain tax burdens. Most importantly, it can protect your family from creditors, predators, and protect yourself from inability, disability and the costs associated with potential incapacity issues or guardianship. Moran & Associates is an estate planning law firm in Palm Beach, Florida that specializes in trust creation both revocable trusts and irrevocable trusts and can assist you with determining what the next course forward should be in your estate plan.
- Put directives in place. What happens if you get very sick and are unable to make medical decisions on your own behalf? Medical care directives make clear your wishes regarding end of life medical care, and also allow you to put a trusted person in charge of your medical decisions, should you become too ill to make these decisions yourself. A durable power of attorney assigns a person to manage your finances should you become too sick to pay bills or handle your estate yourself.
These are just some of the concerns that the estate planning lawyers at Moran & Associates can assist you with. Our Palm Beach, Florida estate planning attorneys are here to guide you every step of the way. It is never advisable to create a trust or will on your own – many individuals choose to hire an estate planning lawyer to assist them with their planning because some mistakes and omissions can be extremely costly. While there exist template wills online that let you “fill in the blank,” these tools aren’t right for everyone and may not address all your needs. A Palm Beach, Florida estate planning lawyer at Moran & Associates: Attorneys at Law can help you understand the law, help you understand your rights and responsibilities when it comes to taxes. An estate planning lawyer can also help you understand where challenges are likely to arise in your estate plan, and help you plan accordingly.
Having the guidance of someone who can ask the tough questions and help you consider all aspects of your estate plan is a wise choice. Contact the estate planning lawyers at Moran & Associates in Palm Beach, Florida today. Our lawyers are here to tackle the unique needs and challenges of your estate plan and family legacy. Call 561-779-2029 to schedule an appointment today!
What Can My Estate Planning Lawyer in Palm Beach, Florida Do for Me?
Tax law, probate law, trust law, and intestate laws can be complicated to understand. An estate planning lawyer in Palm Beach, Florida at Moran & Associates: Attorneys at Law is a professional who can help you understand your rights and obligations under the law, and help you navigate the estate planning process, probate process, or the formation of a trust. An estate planning lawyer can help you make the most out of your wealth and pass your legacy to your heirs in a way that will allow for a smooth and seamless transfer of wealth from one generation to the next. You have worked hard to build your legacy. Let our Palm Beach, Florida estate planning lawyers guide you on the next steps and assist you with planning for your future and your family’s future.